2008年5月8日木曜日

Geisya


  Recently, I read a book named Geisha which I borrowed from my host mother . This book has 430pages ~It is thick enough to hit someone's heads...(>w<)! lol This is really challenging reading for me. But, I will try to be an active reader until I can finish reading up to the last page . This book is really intresting.

For example... Namely, Japanese men, as a rule, feel about a women's neck and throat the same way that men in the West might feel about a women's legs.This is why Geisha wear the collars of their kimono so low in the back that the first few bumps of the spine are visible. I suppose it's like a woman in Paris wearing a short skirt.


I'm not sure this is the real reason why gaisha wear collars of their Kimono low. But, at least, it is an intrestiing opinion~~.lol I like reading, because I can step back to the past, have a glance of the future and visit wonderful places in my imaginary worlds. Once I come across intresting books, I can't help being excited~~ And some books are intresting enough to make me forget to go to bathroom.lol Geisha is such a book.

...But the big problem of English books is ...that I am often left behind by the stories,because I can't flick through the pages like that when I read books in Japanese. How frustrating~~(><)

...Though frustrating, i can't help opening books to see new worlds and new words .lol

2 件のコメント:

Steve Henneberry さんのコメント...

LMAO...
"thick enough to hit someone's head"
I love that expression! Well said...

Also...
"some books are interesting enough to make me forget to go to bathroom.lol Geisha is such a book."
- be careful... Maybe you should leave the book in the bathroom and read it there?

This post really made me laugh. I think that you are learning a lot down there, and your sense of humor is coming out more naturally in your English. Keep up the good work, and keep sharing through your blog.

Kanako さんのコメント...

Didn't you know that i have a good sense of humor!? That's a shame.lol
Everyday, i feel frustrated with my english..But,it's OK, if I can express myself in English better than the day before ~~
Btw, Are you going held the presentation class in the semester as well? I hope our blogs help you show your good work in the presentation class!!