2008年9月29日月曜日

墨尔本 Melbourne 1st day

I broke up for the my holidays~~ So, 我,去了墨尔本with 中国人的女孩子和韩国人的男孩子. 我们都是 exchange students in 悉尼工科大学.
Why do I use Chinese ?Because I joined the Chinese tour to ~. It was a really fun trip fulled with precious experiences!!





The meeting time was supposed to be 6:55. and!the time I woke up was 6:30... namely, I overslept on that particular day. Oh my God.... I set about preparing for leaving my house just after I wake up. All I did was calling the taxi company, changing my cloth, calling my friend , chatting with the taxi driver, and arriving at the last bus stop 5 min before the bus came. I bet there was no one wrong move in that morning. Instead of the Central st( the second last bus stop), my tour started from Strathfield st which was the last pick up point (Or rather,maybe, my tour started from my house by taxi.lol ) 对不起。我来晚了。Anyway, I could make it in the end, so I was still lucky, wasn't I?That's for the lesson:have a go in any case!!

The first day's plan was ...heading to Melbourne by bus. In other word, staying on the bus for 12 h!! As somebody says 'getting there is half their fun', it was fun !!

For one thing, It was surprising(and a bit strange) for me to see the tour guide used two languages even though all of tourists(except us) had the same nationality, Chinese. Tour guide spoke in Mandarin and Cantonese( and English). Actually, I already know there are countless Chinese dialects,but,I realize knowing is different from seeing in real.

On the bus, we watched some movies. The first one was Mr bean. The second one was a Chinese movie..It was helpful to brush up my Chinese language more or less. The last one was a Korean movie with Chinese subtitle..Oh my God again..no idea..but, I dared try to read Chinese. I haven't the foggiest idea what they said. I tried a few more times, in vain..No less, languages make any sense at all.. So, my Chinese friend became a translator for me.The lesson I learned from this time is that language is important!!

On the way to Melbourne, I could see spectacular landscape from a window. There was nothing special. So boring? No, Quite the reverse. The thing which fascinated me so much was that huge land with nothing but green and sky. Pure beauty~~.I could feel the wonders of nature.Mmm,,,,I don't know what to say to express them. They can be said fabulous ,fascinating, amazing, fantastic,awesome or someting..Just i can say I'm sooooo in.
At night, we explored in Melbourne. It was great fun walking in new places. The first destination was Melbourne university. Each building had names of faculties on them,but most of them were out of my vocabulary..But!! both of my friends knew such unsurvival English words. How come they have capacity to remember these kinds of stuff. It was a really right decision I changed the battery of my electronic dictionary before this trip.

One word I could guess was 'zoology'. then we saw an adorable animal passing in right front of us. Where did it come from..?
It will be better not to dare guess in this time.lol

We found dormitories of Melbourne uni as well. And 20 min later, we also ound ourselves be locked in... It seemed we entered the closing gate luckily or unluckily after somebody entered with their stu card. It was an automatic gate even though we didn't have no such idea. Oh my God, again...We ended up in asking the student in there to open the gate for us..So embarrassing..

While we were taking a walk, I realized I didn't sneeze so much, even though I already got hey fever in Sydney. I guess even though summer is coming in Melbourne, it wasn't completely there yet contrary to Sydney where summer is right here. That made me realize again Australia is so big!!

2 件のコメント:

L.Jav さんのコメント...

12 hours on a bus? That would drive me crazy. Sounds like you had fun though.

Kanako さんのコメント...

It was fun~~. But, It would be a tiring trip, if I were not with my friends^^